Myth: “Writing blogs for Real Estate is hard, time consuming, and doesn’t work anyway.”
Fact: Consistently writing blogs is easy, quick, and profitable!
THE MOST COMMON REASONS WHY MANY REAL ESTATE AGENTS DON’T WRITE BLOGS:
- No Time
- No Content
- No System
But it can be easy! Michael Hellickson gives you the step-by-step guide to creating great blogs and engaging with more people online!
Download the six-step checklist for writing a STUNNING blog post! We also list the top ten real estate blogs of the moment!
Where Do I Start?
1. Ideally putting out a blog 1-6 times a month is best! Getting one blog out a week is a good goal to have, but working up to that can also be just as effective. Having more than six is unnecessary.
2.Terrific blogs often fall between 400 and 1,000 words. Under 400 is too short to get your point across and to achieve SEO value. Over 1,000 words will bore your reader and is likely to not be read all the way through.
3. Write RELEVANT content. This blog is a reflection of you and your voice, remember that!
4. Include a video! This may sound like a chore, but if you follow our three steps, you will knock it out in no time. Include a video as often as possible: videos allow you to connect with your site’s visitors in a different way. They get to see you and feel like they are actually interacting with you. Oh, and videos are awesome for SEO!
5. Have a comments section. Encourage your readers to share their thoughts and engage with you and your team members. Get your friends and family to comment – more comments show your audience there are a lot of people engaged in the conversation surrounding the topic (also an SEO plus)!
6. Make sure your website and blog page are RESPONSIVE! This means that your website can be viewed on cell phones, tablets, and computer monitors and that it looks great on each!
I know you are still wondering, “Where do I get content ideas, and what do I write about?”