Myth: “Writing blogs for Real Estate is hard, time consuming, and doesn’t work anyway.”
Fact: Consistently writing blogs is easy, quick and profitable!
THE MOST COMMON REASONS WHY MANY REAL ESTATE AGENTS DON’T WRITE BLOGS:
- No Time
- No Content
- No System
These are common misconceptions about writing real estate blogs. It can be made as easy as 1-2-3! Michael Hellickson gives you the step-by-step guide to creating great blogs and engaging with more people online!
Download the six step checklist for writing a KILLER blog post! We also have the top ten real estate blogs that are killing it right now!
Real Estate Blog, Where Do I Start?
1. Ideally putting out a blog 1-6 times a month is best! Getting one blog out a week is a good goal to have, but working up to that can also be just as effective. Having more than 6 is unnecessary and having less than one per month isn’t effective in the search engines!!
2. For terrific real estate blogs, you need 400-1,000 words. Less than 400 is too short to get your point across and to achieve SEO value. Over 1,000 words will bore your reader and is likely to not be read all the way through.
3. Write RELEVANT content, whether it be about our industry or about houses, it needs to be relevant. This blog is a reflection of you and your voice, remember that!
4. Include video! This may sound like a chore, but if you follow our 3 easy steps, you will knock it out in no time. Including video as often as possible is important because you are connecting with your readers on a new level. They get to see you and feel like they are actually interacting with you. Oh, and it’s awesome for SEO!
5. Have a comments section. Encourage your readers to share their thoughts and engage with you and your team members. Also getting your friends and family to comment is a good idea, because it shows your audience there are a lot of people engaged in the topic and conversation. Also a big SEO plus!
6. Make sure your website and blog page is RESPONSIVE! This means that your website can be viewed on cell phones, tablets, and computer monitors and look great on each!
I know you are still wondering… “Where do I get content ideas, and what do I write about?” It’s as easy as 1-2-3!