There are 10 things you ABSOLUTELY must do each and every time you receive a referral, to ensure you get more and more referrals each and every year, month, week, and even day.
Here’s what you do each time someone sends you a referral:
1. Call the referring person immediately to say THANK YOU for the new referral. Ask if there is anything special you need to know about the referral.
2. Call the NEWLY referred person THE MOMENT (or at least within 5 minutes) you hang up the phone with the person who sent the referral. Set an appointment immediately… DO SOMETHING to make sure you are connecting with your new contact. Whether it be face-to-face or not, show initiative.
3. Add your new referral to your CRM system AND your Client Appreciation Program (If you don’t already have a client event program, check out our blog post, Client Appreciation Event Marketing). Makes sure to tag / note who referred them.
4. Set up a follow up call with your new referral. It never hurts to check in with them to see how things are going. Use the following script: “I just want to make sure I’m not dropping the ball on my end!”
5. Send a video text message! Limit it to 10-15 seconds in length. You should make 2 videos:
“Thank You” to the referrer
“Thank you” to the referree